Know which products you want to show off in an upcoming live sale? Create a collection that includes those in Shopify!
As you prepare for an upcoming live sale, you'll need to group together the products you wish to feature in the sale in a Shopify collection. Having a collection prepared ahead of time streamlines your go-live process, and it can also help you advertise and promote the live sale on social media.
For example, if you pull together a collection of must-have fall favorites, you can promote the sale as Back to School or Fall into Fall and feature images of the products you plan to feature and sell.
Create a Collection in Shopify
- Select Products in the side menu of your Shopify dashboard, then select Collections.
- Select Create Collection in the top-right corner of the page.
- Enter a name for your collection in the Title field. We recommend a name that will make it easy to recognize and select when going live.
- Choose your Collection Type:
- Manual. Select this option to manually add products to the collection. This is the method we will walk through in the next section.
- Automated. Select this option if you wish to enter selection criteria that will help Shopify automatically add products to the collection. You can learn more about this option here.
- In the Publishing section, ensure Online Store is selected.
- Select Save in the top-right corner of the page.
Once you save the collection with the Collection Type of Manual, you can proceed with adding products.
Add Products to a Collection
Products must have an Active status in order to appear for a live sale. Any products you add to your live sale collection with an Inactive status will not appear for selection during the live sale.
- Locate the Products section and select Browse.
- On the Add products pop-up, select the checkbox to the left of each product you wish to add to the collection.
- Search. Use the search field to filter products by name.
- Scroll. Scroll through the listing to locate products.
- Select Done in the bottom-right corner of the pop-up.
Please note that the order products that appear in your live sale will mirror the order in the collection. Having your products in the order you intend to feature them can save you time searching for the product in your live sale listing.
Products within a collection sync in the order in which they were added. If modifications are made to the order of products within a collection, then a new sync needs to be triggered to respect the new order. This can be achieved by updating the name of the collection or by adding/removing a product.
Select a Collection for a Live Sale
- Select Videeo by CommentSold in the Apps section of your Shopify dashboard, then select Go Live.
- In the Select your Run of Show/Collection drop-down, either click into the field to expand a list of available collections or type the name of the collection you created for the live sale.
From here, you can proceed with the other steps to go live on your preferred channels (e.g., your website, Instagram, etc.).