Have an influencer, creator, or co-host you wish could hop on a live with you from wherever they are? With multi-host, now they can!
With multi-host, you can add an additional host feed to your live sale. It’s a great opportunity to bring in guest speakers, customers, or personalities to boost viewership, engagement, and purchases.
Multi-host gives you full control over the guest host experience–from when they’re live with your main host to how their feed appears to your shoppers. When you’re ready to end their guest spot, you can bump them back to a "waiting room" area where they can hang out until you invite them back on stage.
Below, we walk through the process of inviting a guest host to your live sale and how to manage the guest host feed once you’re live.
Choose Multihost Broadcast
- Scroll to the Setup Streams section at the bottom of your Go Live page.
- Select Select Multihost.
From here, connect your host stream as you normally would, then proceed with inviting your guest host.
Send Your Guest Host their Stream Link
After the main host has their stream preview visible, you can send your guest host a link to start their stream.
- Select Invite Guest at the bottom of the Invite Guests to Live section.
- On the Live Link Invitation pop-up, you have two options:
- Scan the QR Code. Scan the QR code using your mobile device’s camera and choose the option to Share the link. This will copy the link. You can open your device’s messaging app and paste the link in a text to the guest host.
- Copy Live Link. Copy the live link to your desktop clipboard, then paste it in a message or email to the guest host.
Once your guest host taps the link, it will launch our broadcast camera via the browser on their device. If this is their first time as a guest host, they’ll need to allow the broadcast app to use their device camera and audio. Once ready, the guest can tap the red record button.
Your guest broadcast feed will appear to the right of the main host’s feed. Ensure the video and audio looks good, then select Go Live.
Add Guest Host to a Live Sale
When you start a live sale, your guest host moves into a "backstage" or "waiting room" area. The only way they can join the live sale is when you add their broadcast stream to the live sale.
- Locate the guest host feed to the right of the main feed and select Add to Live.
- In the Add Guest to Live pop-up, choose how you wish the guest feed to appear:
- Full screen. The solid blue option on the left will show either the main host or guest host as the primary feed. You can select the rotate icon on the right side of the pop-up to reverse the perspective.
- Split screen. Divide the screen equally between the main and guest hosts. Feeds stack on top of each other and selecting the rotate icon on the right side of the pop-up changes which feed appears at the top.
- Picture-in-picture. Have the guest host feed appear in the bottom-right corner of the host’s feed. Select the rotate icon on the right side of the pop-up to swap the main and host feed locations.
- Once you choose your desired appearance, select Add to Live.
Once a guest host is live, you will see a red recording icon in the top-left corner of the guest host’s feed. A guest host’s audio will become part of the live sale broadcast even if the guest host is not visible (i.e., you have the view as fullscreen with the focus on the main host), and vice versa.
Manage How Multiple Host Feeds Appear
Beneath the main feed, you’ll see three options that control how the main and guest host feeds appear. These options are identical to those offered when you added the guest host to the live.
- Full screen. The solid blue option on the left will show either the main host or guest host as the primary feed.
- Split screen. Divide the screen equally between the main and guest hosts. Feeds stack on top of each other.
- Picture-in-picture. Have the guest host feed appear in the bottom-right corner of the host’s feed.
With each option, you can select the rotate icon to the right of the options to switch perspectives (i.e., feature the guest host feed as primary with the host feed as the picture-in-picture image).
Remove Guest Host from a Live Sale
You have two options when removing a guest host from the live sale: send them back to the waiting room and remove from the sale.
- Select the red X in the top-right corner of the guest host feed.
- On the Remove Guest Host from Live pop-up, select your desired option:
- Send to waiting room. This option sends a guest back to the “backstage” or “waiting room” area where they can wait to be added to the live sale again. Simply select Add to Live to add them back.
- Remove and revoke access from the live. This option removes the guest host and terminates their feed. A removed guest host cannot use their invite link to re-join the live sale.